Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A quote from Judy Garland
“For it was not into my ear you whispered,
but into my heart.
It was not my lips you kissed,
but my soul.”
How I wish I could write such words!
To be as eloquent as
Garland, Shakespeare, de La Rochefoucauld, Frost.
To pen my thoughts for no other purpose, but
to please her to no end.
To have her think
only of us.
To disregard old lovers forever.
In that regard,
I am incredibly selfish.
I am who I am
she is who she is
by Paul McInerny

_________________________________________


It was, I could see
inevitable
I stood against the rail
My eyes, searched the ocean
Usually, the sun can dance
on the waves
I can see the waters hue
flashing sparkles of light
Its beauty comforts me
and I call to you
share with me the vision
Today, there was no name to call
You danced across the very waves
to a distant paradise
Oh, how I miss the feel
of your lips
The warmth of our bodies
the fragrance of your hair
as it flows across your face
by Paul McInerny