Tuesday, November 4, 2014

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

My friend, Mike Freundschuh, went to vote today and ran into a little trouble. Seems a judge thought Mike was in violation of wearing a piece of clothing that was deemed "political advertising." Here is Mike's story:

"OK, I have a story to tell. I went to vote this morning and the election judge wouldn't allow me to vote since I was wearing a sweatshirt that had a picture of Barney Fife on it with the caption "Vote Fife for Sheriff". She called another judge over and he informed me that political advertising was not allowed in the building. I informed the judges that if I wasn't allowed to vote that every local news channel would be there within an hour and they could explain to them why I wasn't allowed to vote. I also pointed out to him that Barney Fife has been dead for a number of years. They did allow me to vote after about 15 minutes. On a humorous note, all the other election judges were laughing and shaking their heads."

The 2014 U.S. Election
Find out where to vote and see what’s on your ballot.